Riverdale fancies itself a teen melodrama with a side of murder mystery. It’s not Emmy worthy, but it *does* leave me with a lot of questions. Here are ten I wrote down after last night’s season 2 premiere.
(Why is a 30 year old woman watching a teen mystery drama? That’s not one of the questions, so shhh.)
1) Why does the entire town look like it’s stuck in 1955? Including the creepy and terrifying hospital. We’ve got a definite Pleasantville vibe going on. *shudder*
2) When did Cole Sprouse become so attractive? I’m not trying to go full Miss Grundy, but I just need everyone to know: I came for Luke Perry, but I stayed for Jughead
on a motorcycle.
3) Did Cheryl and her mom kill her dad and make it look like a suicide?! WHAT REALLY HAPPENED IN THE BARN CHERYL.
4) Where is Luke Perry’s wallet?!
5) Why did Miss Grundy only move one town over? She is so stupid.
6) Is the masked man the only person in Riverdale with green eyes? It’s hardly an identifying factor.
7) Why does Betty keep telling her mom stuff? “I almost had sex with Jughead but then he put on a Southside Serpents jacket.” BETTY SHUTUP.
8) How does Cheryl’s lipstick never get on her teeth?
9) Are Veronica’s parents good or bad?
10) Why can high school kids eat hamburgers, French fries and milkshakes galore and STILL not get fat?
Life’s not fair.